I can tell when a fever hits, because my normal happy, talkative boy lays down (on the floor, couch, wherever he is at the moment). His explanation for his change in behavior is simply "I like chilling Mama....just laying down and chilling." However, if his fever brings him to tears, then it's STILL not because he is sick, but instead he comes up with another reason he's hurting.....ya know the typical foot ache, shoulder ache or my favorite is that his breath hurt. Yes literally that was one explanation.
But nonetheless, the poor guy just feels rotten when the fever hits and just wants his Mama.
He hasn't eaten but a few bites each day, with the exception of last night, he ate a bowl full of food & then threw it up :( Tonight he asked for chicken fingers & French fries...we'd just received a mcdonalds gift card from aunt June, so we headed there. I handed him his happy meal & within a minute he was passed out. Never ate. So I transferred him to our bed and he woke-up while I was upstairs with josh. He was crying to chunk saying he wanted his Mama. When I got down here, he just sat in my lap and cried. I never did understand what made him cry (other than the obvious b/c his forehead & back were hot), but he finally mustered out "I just want somebody to lay down with me in bed."
Well, he knows his Mama too well & decided to literally lay on top of me to ensure I never left his side, lol. After about 15 minutes, he agreed to lay beside me.
Look at those red, puffy cheeks :(
I guess now I really can't leave his punk butt when he finally goes to sleep for the night. Doesn't he know this Mama's got work to do, lol???
Yesterday, I told him I wanted to take a picture of him with his hands under his chin b/c he looked so cute. Then he asked if I wanted to take a picture of how he looks when he sleeps :)
Funny story: He begged to come sit by me while I worked from home today. At first, he said he would only talk a little, lol. I told him I had to work and that I couldn't talk at all. He agreed. We were great for the first 30 minutes. Then I had to get something from downstairs and asked if he wanted anything to eat. He said no, so I thought I'd make it more appealing to him and said he could eat anything he wanted as long as it wasn't candy. His response: "Mama, I said I didn't want anything. Didn't you say, Mama, that there was no talking up here?So stop talking Mama."
Ha! That boy is lucky he's cute!!! Otherwise that mouth would be black & blue!
Seriously, he must have sensed that his Mama was plotting (gotta eat some time!) to get up b/c he woke up and rolled over. He's got one arm under my back and one across my chest, as he lays on my shoulder.




















No comments:
Post a Comment