Thursday, May 8, 2014

Happy 6th Birthday!!!

I can't believe you are 6. You were so excited tonight and truly giggling about the fact that tonight you go to bed as a 5 year old and wake-up as a 6 years old!

You are becoming such a little man and amaze me at the things that come out of your mouth. Yesterday, I saw a show where a dad (who had been gone for about 3 months) played this game with his 5 yr old daughter. He would pretend that he didn't know who she was and say that he didn't have a daughter and had no clue who/where she came from. Finally, he would say he was kidding & they would laugh & laugh. It was really sweet and touched my heart seeing her reaction....so I tried it. Well Jared played along and Jack asked me to stop and said it was going on too long.  I assumed he was kidding and started taking smack "Are you saying Mama's not funny? Booooooooy, I'm going to get you when we get home." Then he started repeating how "not funny" I am. 

Before we fast forward to today, I want to add how much I've enjoyed spending yesterday and today with him (Jared was at school). I never get to spend much 1-on-1 time since he started kindergarten. We went to pick out a plant for him (yea it's a similar concept of "let's get a puppy!!!!! And then the parents take care of the puppy after day 1") and to get some groceries. If he was good, he got a prize. 

He did great helping me out today & he chose an Angry Bird coloring book. He was SO EXCITED to color it and immediately begin once we got home. He was solely focused on that while I was making us lunch...so much so that I had to repeat myself on questions that I was asking. Anyway, so I set down and started eating while he was standing right beside me. All of the sudden & totally out of the blue, he looked up and said "Mama, I don't want you to say your not my Mama anymore." I kind of laughed and said "Why? Are you saying I'm not funny again????" And he 1/2 way smiled and said "No. It just takes too long." I explained that sometimes in life, we might not find the same thing funny that other people may find hilarious. Furthermore, that since Jared and I enjoyed that game, that we would play it and he did not have to. 

Shortly after, I noticed a sad demeanor about him & tried to reign in on that "Mama intuition" that we're supposed to have, lol. So I asked if that game made him sad...and I'll never forgot him looking up from his coloring book, straight into my eyes (6 inches away) and telling me that it makes him sad because he would be really sad if he didn't have his Mama and that he didn't like me pretending that I wasn't his Mama. Then he started coloring again. I told him that I was sorry and that I wouldn't play that game again. He thanked me. Then I told him that if Mama or Dada ever made a joke, out of a serious comment that he made, to make sure and let us know. I explained that I wasn't trying to make light of the situation (and I get why someone might not find it funny). This was a very uncommon conversation where he's intensely listened to every word. 
It breaks my heart that he felt this yesterday and we turned it into a game!

Anyway, here are some pictures from today. BTW, he and Jared had a blast playing in the water today. They seem to argue more now, since they aren't together as much (with Jack in school all week). But today they laughed and giggled until their belly hurt....so much so, that I'm going to get them playing outside in water more often :):):):):)

Happy birthday to my biggest baby boy!!!
We love you so much!!!!


I bought him the prism break skylander and hid it inside with all his other skylanders. I found these skylander storage bags for $7.99 (reg $29.99)...so I bought 2 :) He's been asking for one and they are accumulating too many of these dang toys, so I wanted one too! 

I've read them the Big Brother, Little
Brother book for years & they wanted to measure whose belly bulges out the most (like they do in that book).

Jack watering his strawberry plant. 

Giggling and laughing sooo hard!!!!

He LOVES, LOVES, LOVES his baby brother. Kind of like a little brother looks up to his big brother...well the opposite is especially true for these 2. When I was kissing him goodnight, he realized Joshua was already in bed & he was bummed that he didn't get to give him a kiss and hug tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment