Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day

The boys made stuff at school which were sweet and (not so) funny! 

Jared's class made a pot with their handprint & a bible quote, took a picture with flowers & answered some questions about his Mama:) None of which are true except the kiss & hug & playing together, lol.


Funny part is, that evening when I was kissing him goodnight, he laughed and said "Mama, I said that rice was your favorite food.....but really that's my favorite food." The interesting (yet obvious about a kids understanding at this age) is that all the answers are stuff that makes HIM happy. There are times when he has frustrated me to the core and after a time-out, sometimes I still am dealing with my frustration and quite frankly just want to be left alone for a few minutes. However, he will remind me that what makes us happy is to kiss and hug. No worries, I know I am the adult and I suck it up and appease him :) 
And the "mommy's favorite place to go is the store." Lol. 9x out of 10, my "outings without kiddos" are usually trips to the store...that's a true definition of motherhood, lol!

Last week, Jack went to play at our next door neighbors house and she texted me asking what my favorite color was....(orange and blue = Auburn Tigers!).
She texted me tonight and asked if I could meet her outside real quick to give me something :)

How sweet is that? She made me a vodka drink and gave me the "artwork" that Jack was working on that day when she asked what my favorite color was :) 
She said that he was adamant about not needing any help and told her "I know what I want to say; I just need to know her favorite color." 
It reads:
"My Mama is nice."
"My Mama is pidey (pretty)."
"My Mama is gud of ever (good forever)."

How sweet! And his ears on his self portraits always crack me up. Apparently he's the only human (Jack's term for people) with ears. Sometimes he will forget his ears and then it cracks me up when he remembers & disproportionately adds them. 

This is Jack's Mother's Day card from school and he was so proud when he showed me stating that he colored my shirt "orange ---my favorite color--- for auburn tigers!"

And the (not so) funny part is something that I have cringed saying over the years, as I knew this phrase would bite me in the butt one day. 
As a mother of 3 young boys, majority of the time the tv is on, is tuned to a kid-show, and the "adult shows" have to wait until after the boys go to bed. But every once in a blue moon, Mama declares some ME-Time prior to their bedtime and ask the boys to play in another room so that Mama can watch an "adult show." LOL. 
I now plan to reinforce with Jack & teach Jared and Joshua that Mama needs some ME-Time to watch her "Mommy shows."
Now that sounds MUCH better :)

Happy Mother's Day to my Mom, my dearly missed Mother-In-Law, my SIL who just delivered her 3rd son, Cooper and to my other SIL with her 14(-ish?) week baby in her belly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment