Yesterday morning, Jared woke-up moody. Both boys always wake-up before me and head to the living room to watch tv before it's time to get ready for school. Jared's usually quick to respond when I walk out of my bedroom and will start to get ready. But yesterday, the first comment out of his mouth was a whiny, pouting attitude...."MAAAMA, WHY DO WE HAVE TO GO TO SCHOOOOOOL EVERY.SINGLE.DAY?" I don't want to go to school!!! I explained that while I understand his feelings, that whining to Mama is not acceptable. He can vent all day long, but I have zero desire to be around him if he just wants to whine and pout.
He stormed off to get dressed and I reminded him again that his behavior was not acceptable and if he wants to pout and whine, then he can do so in his room.
He brought his clothes into my bathroom and still had attitude and was swinging stuff around.
At this point it was almost 7:00 and although inhad zero desire to be around that attitude, I REALLY didn't want to have to discipline that attitude. The upside to this parenting book I've been reading is that I don't have to yell and feel guilty, but I can send him up to his room (nicely, calmly and rationally)
No comments:
Post a Comment