I miss her for y'all.
I miss her for me.
I miss her a lot for Dada.
I miss her for Kelty Jo.
I miss her for Aunt Kitty.
I've always missed her for Grandpa.
I've missed her (especially more, for y'all) that y'all ask about her.
I know y'all don't think/know to care about when/who you ask about her, and it is always just an innocent care. Sometimes my heart wishes Dada could hear your questions and other times I'm glad Dada doesn't hear your questions. Not that any of them are bad, but I know that some strike utter heartache in my heart and I don't want to see that ache in Chunk's eyes. Dada is pretty "manly" in hiding these feelings.
Some of the funnier questions that get asked (i.e. Jared!) are about candy (thanks to the true.to.her.name, Grandma Candy). Jared can hear stories and if you give him a couple of days...that story will gain some plot, lol. Apparently, Grandma Candy would just deliver him BAGS of candy and let him and his brothers devour it. 😎
But the primary reason of this post, is just to share with you a beautiful quality about your grandmother. A couple of years before she passed away, she told my mom that a big fear of hers was that y'all would forget her.
Dada and I will make sure that never happens.
I love that my mom gave us this storage cabinet and I love that Grandma Candy's face is right where we (family members) often visit....the guest bathroom, lol.
One of her greatest qualities was her attention to details. She paid attention to YOU. When you spoke, she would give you 100% of her attention (or maybe this was just me, because I was her 2nd favorite child...behind Kat 😄!)
But seriously, one thing I miss is if you sat beside Grandma Candy, she would always snuggle up next to you. She would look at you when you spoke and she would squeeze your hand. I will always remember her cold hands (...bless her heart & she never complained!). She loved being around the people that she loved. She would sit, respond and do whatever you (Jack and Jared) would do and enjoy every second of it.
I remember when Jack was born and she came to visit us. She would rock Jack to sleep after I nursed him (multiple times), so that I could have some rest (and she could bond with her grandson). I could tell she was exhausted during the trip, most definitely when she was leaving. And I know those drives from Missouri were tough, but you never heard The Woman complain. Hell, I kept my house so cold (I did bump it up for her...but looking back, I know she still must have froze!), and she just adapted.
Adapting is a quality that she passed onto Chunk. It is one of the greatest qualities you could ever hope for in your spouse and I thank them both for that fact.
I miss you Woman. I miss your input/advice on that stubborn son of yours (that I love with all my heart).
I also miss your wisdom on life. You are one amazing woman and I can't wait for you to "meet" (in our eyes) Joshua. I know you have to crack up at his personality (Heck! You probably assisted in picking it out!).
All our love,
Your 2nd favorite child + your blood child + 3 boys :)
















No comments:
Post a Comment