Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Sweet (independent) Jack

One more memory I want to put on paper is about Jack. He is very independent and can entertain himself and enjoys doing things by himself (hmmm...wonder where he gets that from!). The only time that he can be needy (and by needy, I mean N.E.E.D.Y) is when he is sick. 

It's touches my Mama heart when he quickly runs outside after he's been given permission to go play with his friends and will always yell on the way out "I LOVE YOU MAMA!" Every now and then, he'll be standing at the front door with it cracked and will add "I'll miss you Mama!" Other times, he will run back inside for a kiss and a hug. 

Last night, when he got back from Soccer practice, I needed to run to Target. He was in the shower, so I gave him a kiss and hug and told him that he'd be asleep when I got home. As I was walking out of the bathroom, he said "MAMA!" and I walked back in and he said "I love you.....very much Mama." Okay, on the count of 1, 2, 3 ----Awwwww :)

Lastly, today he handed me something that he made in class and told me to open it. 

He instructed me to open the small one first...

And then the medium one...

And then the large one...

Then he explained...
"Mama, it says I love Jesus. Do you see the blood on Jesus?"

"That's because Jesus died on the cross for us, because he loves us. Then he ROSE FROM THE DEAD!"

Then Jared piped in and we started talking about the meaning of Easter. THEN (apparently he wanted to tug on my heart strings just a tad more)..."Oh yea Mama, one more thing, when you get mad at us...it's okay because Jesus still loves you." 😪😪😪

I'm not sure how that comes across reading it, but he was implying that he understand and gets that Mama/Dada will get frustrated at them, and then we feel guilty sometimes (this is what I kept explaining to them as I work on not yelling). He wanted me to know that it was okay we feel bad because Jesus will always forgive us & love us!! 
So sweet 😍


No comments:

Post a Comment