Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Smart Dada/Coach

On Sunday night, the boys had become a handful and quite frankly I was looking forward to bedtime 😁
It was time for a shower and I told them to get into the shower. 15 minutes later...hold up, let me repeat F-I-F-T-E-E-N minutes later, I go back to the bathroom and they are rough-housing in the closet. I want to say one of them was still fully dressed with shoes on!!! 
However, I have done a fairly good job training my temper :) and expressed my dissatisfaction and told them to get their dad-gum hiney's in the shower(!!!) and would let them know their punishment when they sat-down for dinner. 
I was personally at my breaking-point and suggested sending them straight to bed after dinner. I was totally okay with them staring at the ceiling from 6:30-whenever.their.bodies.fell.asleep. Then I asked chunk his opinion. He (like the intelligent man he is...) paused and waited to reply. However, many minutes later, he commented "Apparently, they have too much energy. I suggest we make them do toe touches (original suggestion was 1,000) and then let them watch a last show....if you agree."
Well that was freakin' genius! They have energy and it helps them improve their soccer game :) 
Here are some toe touch pics :)


Then, when they completed their "set" chunk told them to dribble around the couch 10x....



Once they completed that exercise, Dada instructed that the final punishment was to "take the ball away from Dada!" :)






Good thinking on the clock Dada. My punishment would have resulted in a punishment for ourselves :) Your punishment extracted the energy that needed to be extracted and touched on some soccer practices too :) Good job Dada!

No comments:

Post a Comment