Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Sometimes haircuts mean nothing at all...

Sometimes they just reveal a delay in the road of parenting (soccer practice, basketball practice, the flu, SLEEP, homework etc. etc. etc.) 

Other times haircuts can mean one thing, one evil, disgusting, blood-sucking thing! 
That's right folks = LICE!!!! 
As if me having scabies (which is way harder to get rid of than Lice, in it's own way though) while I was pregnant with Jack. Then again, when Jack was 3ish, Jared was 2ish, isn't torture enough!!! 
We received an email from St. Rose yesterday that 2 kids in their building had lice. We actually received notification 2 weeks ago (my mom reminded of this) and (SHAME! SHAME! on this Mama!!!), I never checked them. Quite dumb on my part, but 100% innocent. We've just never experienced this before and it was an "ewww! thank Heavens we don't have it" perception. 
Anyway, yesterday afternoon I for some reason recalled the email and checked Jared. He was good. 
Then, I check Jack. Within a couple of seconds, I find a bug. Like a bigger-than-a-flea BUG. I flush it down the sink in denial and continue looking. 30 seconds later, I find bug #2. 
I email my mom and Chunk and chill in denial for about 15 minutes. Well part-denial because I'm also waiting for the pediatric nurse to call me back. We talk for 20+ minutes. She has 2 girls with LONG hair. They've had it multiple times. We discuss the best brand, the steps, how to prevent etc. etc. etc.
Then I remember Joshua. I grab him, pray to God he doesn't have it (after learning, they have to sit for 10 mins with the lice killing shampoo. Then you wash, apply gel and comb for...however long it takes!). So I start looking and within 30 seconds, I see a bug! ICK!!!!!!!!!!!!
I check Jared again for minutes and find nothing. 
6 1/2 hrs later...these 3 boys get an awesome haircut by dada. I WISH I had a  before-picture of their long hair! It's been a couple of months and I had actually scheduled 4 hair appointments for tonight!
Originally, I objected shaving and then we started with Joshua and I quickly told Chunk "Do what you gotta!!"
Joshua wasn't bad at all. It was 1 1/2 hrs past his bedtime (6pm=bedtime, he was placed in his non-familiar, no stuffed animals, only the buzz light year birthday present - at 7:30pm & tossed & turned & sat up until 10pm!). 
Chunk treated Jared. I treated Jack. I combed that boys hair for over 2 hrs. I am not exaggerating, I probably combed 200+ lice out of his head!!! In the beginning, every comb-thru would yield at least 3-5 lice that I could see. Towards the end, I thought we were almost done...then I combed in a different direction, in a different spot and there were a few babies that were teeny.tiny but moving around like a newborn!!! 
SHEW! I am proud of Jack for being able to sit for so long! 
By 11:30, when Chunk and I were treating our own hair...I was nearing the point of insanity. I still had many hours of close-out entries (for work) that were due THAT.NIGHT. 
First, I literally prayed to God "Dear Lord, please, please remove any lice on my head. I feel I may go over the deep end, if I find it in my hair." 
Then I told Chunk (as I applied 5x the amount of shampoo that they used) that I just might shave or chop my hair off IF.I.SEE.ANY.INKLING.OF.A.BUG! He laughed and said "hell no" and that he would comb thru my hair for as long as it took. 
Fortunately, it was only Jack & Joshua that had lice. I kept everyone home today. Yet, I got an email from their teachers today that Jack's class and Jared's class confirmed 1 more classmate (in each class) with lice! 
I did however find out about fairy tales & lice repel natural shampoo/spray/lice repellent with kick-butt testimonials! 
I ordered and am ready to be done with this!!! Yucky! Yucky! 

P.S. You're welcome for making you itch after reading this!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment