Sunday, March 8, 2015

Happy Birthday my Frosty-Woody-Buzz loving 2 year old!

Goodness, you'd think you were my first child, with how much I marvel at what you do/say. I just think you're a genius, lol. You LOVE to learn. I remember when I would read/hear a Mother talk about how her child "LOVES" books and I would think to myself...okay, yea my kids LOVE books...what's the big deal? However, now having had a child that LOVES books, I get it. He is beyond obsessed with books and has learned mostly all the names of things/animals in each of our books. It's amazing, but can be quite annoying as he knows how we pronounce each word. Many times in the car, he will point to a picture and I will try my darndest to repeat what I think he is saying and that little stinker gets MAD like  Mama's doing it on purpose. Anyway, here's a few things about our little 2 year old that I want to remember. 

My absolute favorite situation that I HAVE to get on camera is when I correct him about something he is doing wrong. He will think about it & then move forward with the wrong action. So I just sit and stare at him with the "MOM stare" (i.e. You are in trouble and my eyes are as fixed as a rock. You best rethink that choice you just made). Because of his pure innocence, he can't look away from me for more than 5-10 seconds. Sometimes he will just flat out try to ignore my stare, but again his pure innocence and genuine desire to please wins every time. Or he may be determined to, for example, hold onto that toy instead of putting it up to go to bed. Those times he will look at the toy and try so hard to play with it for just a second, then he glances back at me. His face is a dead-give-away of trying hard to be what he wants, but his God-given will to do what's right and please us wins every time. Once he gives in (usually takes 1- 1 1/2 mins), then he runs over to me with a big 'ol grin and holds his arms a out. It's like it's such a a relief to do the right thing and he's so glad he chose it, lol. 

He is all about his Mama...and it's a shame because the rest of the family (except Jared) would greatly welcome some attention from him. For the longest time, I assumed it just so happened that his attachment was "Mama." However, something recently changed and it was quite bizarre. Chunk was working out in the living room and Joshua wanted nothing to do with me. He kept running to get into Chunk's "workout space." 
Chunk was enjoying the extra love and hugs (plus holding 30+ lbs is an added workout bonus, lol). But he just got sick this past weekend and is back to being attached to my hip and wants nothing to do with anybody else. Speaking up the stinker...he just woke up crying, so we got some olives, water and mama's lap. Hopefully soon, he'll be back snoozing in his bed. 

We did have some fun today, spending most of the day together 😄

He started enjoying (something different than Frosty and Daniel Tiger!)...Toy Story! I swear this is the first picture that he actually looks small :)

My parent threw in with us on buying Joshua a Buzz (because $60 hurts everyone's feelings! But $30 is doable, lol). 

I brought them downstairs and threw them on the couch. Apparently, that was an unacceptable sitting/laying position for them and Joshua had to correct it....

Have I mentioned that he is quite anal? As in, worse than Jack, worse than Mama, worse than GRANDPA!!!! 

I have never and I mean never unloaded the dishwasher faster than I did today. He was a pro and just handing everything to me. Up until now, it used to frustrate
me and I think it's because he never happened to come around when it was time to unload. But today, the timing was right. He cracked me up because he got the stool out and once we were done, he put it right back up. Boy doesn't mess around when it's time to clean up! 
He is getting so skinny. I miss that belly! He's still got some rolls on the back of his thighs :) sorry, sweet boy when you read this in your teens. 

Oh yea and this is his new thing. He brings ALL his dolls that he sleeps downstairs with him. Many times, he puts them all around his little table, in their own chairs. He's a funny guy. And we sure do love him!! 

Happy 2nd birthday sweet Boy! We love you so much and thankrb





No comments:

Post a Comment