Saturday, October 5, 2013

All about our sweet big boy!

You are hilarious and we're convinced you've got a job in politics (it better be with good morals!!!). You can talk your way through anything. Sometimes we have to interrupt those long explanations in order to proceed with the next step (bedtime, school etc.) 
You love to understand the why's and how's of life. If you don't understand, you expect/demand for the world to stop until you get tht explanation you want. Sometimes you are tricky and you may go on and on and on and on and then ask "Right Mama?" I oblige/agree "Yes, Jared, that's right." And you may respond, "No it's not Mama!!! You do NOT call me penguin if I'm not wearing my penguin pajamas." 
You love to tell stories. Tonight you found a sticker on the tag on the inside of your new robot pajamas. You asked if I wanted it, you wanted it or if Dada wanted it. I said "Dada wants it." But you had already made up your mind that Mama was getting it and corrected me, lol. At bedtime, you asked if I was still wearing it. I told you no that it was falling off, so I placed it on a box. You then decided to tell me a story about a robot who got new pajamas and then gave a special sticker to his mama and his mama lost it and the robot was really, really sad. LOL. You are a funny, funny boy!
When you feel betrayed or hurt, you do NOT keep it in. In fact, you've recently started letting us know "I'm starting to get angry, really, really angry." And you will shake your hands like The Hulk would. And you are really angry by the way. I've encouraged you to do this versus lashing out at someone. That's something we are working on :) 
Tonight Dada thought he left his (very strong!!!!) adult drink in Granddad's car. Turns out it was here and it was in the same bottle that Dada carries to work everyday and brings home with ice water....know where I'm going with this? :) So you take a big 'ol swigg of this drink and I see your facial expression. Your tongue is just sticking out. I start laughing and tell Dada that you found is drink. I get you some water and then you proceed to share "The robot drank an adult drink and went dead. Then he drank water and came back alive." Lol.
You are so sweet and love, love, love to give love and feel love. This morning you kept doing the wrong thing and getting in trouble...later you came to me and said "Mama, can we stop being mad and be friends again?" It was so sweet. Here lately, you keep asking (my guess is because you love to hear the reassurance) why I give you a kiss and hug after you serve your time-out and I tell you because I want you to know that I forgive you and love you. Then you smile and say ok and walk away.

Here's my sweet birthday boy in his new robot pajamas (1st pic is him acting like a robot) :) we love you so much!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment