Monday, February 9, 2015

Why my husband rocks

I was given a deadline that was beyond impossible to meet and (surprise!) the day ended and it wasn't met. I never even received the file to begin on my deadline. But that's cool because there were another 100+ other issues that occupied my time :) 
Anyway, I texted Chunk as I was leaving telling him that I felt defeated (+ a few more sentences of whining) and that I needed mexican and a drink...but that if things were hectic with the boys, I'd "de-stress" by singing my heart out in my car and come home....

His response was "Go get your mexican baby." 

You bet your a$$, there were a few happy tears shedded as a result of that sweet reply. 
Thanks babe...I am enjoying the peace and quiet :)

Here are a few other reasons that he rocks :)

He's funny: He can turn ANY situation into a humorous one. Trust me I've witnessed some where he had to dig deep, as it was inappropriate(!) and I had to fake laugh & change the subject. 

He loves his family: If he goes out of town, it is so evident by his demeanor, just how much he missed his family. If one of the boys spends the night with my parents, I hear him exclaim "I missed you!     You haven't told me how your day was! Don't make me get you boy..." 

He reads the boys a book every night: Here lately, in the past couple of months, he has been reading the boys their book each night. We used to alternate and I think it switched to primarily being him, when they started reading the Magic Treehouse books (Yep, you guessed it! Because Chunk actually wanted to know what happened in the book!). Anyways I don't know if it's because I'm just "spent" at that time or because I don't get that "involved" lol in the books, but man, I have appreciated each and every night that he reads them a book. 

He'a thoughtful: This weekend he bought (and arranged the boys to spend the night with my parents) us tickets to see The (mock) Beatles group on Valentine's Day. He's also initiated planning something fun for us to do with a group of friends for our 10yr anniversary. 

He loves MY family: He chats with both his "best friends" often enough (my mom and dad), that I stopped relaying info to him because he had apparently already discussed it with my parents. 

He's an awesome, awesome dad: Whereas signing the boys up for soccer or basketball overwhelms me about fitting practice/games into our schedule,  he not only encourages them to sign up, but he also signs up to be their Coach....BOTH of their Coaches. 
God was apparently feeling humorous by making ALL 3 of our boys, MAMA's Boys!...As I would have gladly waved to them from afar, as they hovered all over Chunk. Even during Joshua's (whiny, trying) sick days, Chunk still admits he would gladly take the bad with the good, if they were attached to his hip!

He's just an awesome man that I couldn't be more proud of and more thankful for...especially on days like today. I love you babe! 



No comments:

Post a Comment