1) This blog was primarily created for (2) people. 1st My sweet mother-in-law. I knew how much she enjoyed hearing stories about the boys, and I wanted another way to share them with her. Even though she (like her punk son!) might not ever make a comment about a post, I knew she appreciated hearing the stories :) 2nd I have searched back over the years looking for a specific entry and enjoyed reading over the good & the bad of parenting that I forgot.
With that being said, I wanted to point out that some things I say might not feel appropriate to others <ahem, Dad!> but that is how I talk. This is who I am and more importantly, strangers can't search for my lingo & find my blog, lol. It is hidden in Google, but if you have the link, you may pull it up. Anywho, I'll carry on with my story now...
I got jipped because having had (3) c-sections, I totally assumed that my explanation of how babies were born (i.e. the doctor cut>cut>cuts your belly and out comes the baby).
Well, Jared has become quite the inquisitive boy lately. Granted, he's the only one interested in what his life was like as a baby. We've looked at baby pictures and many conversations at bedtime has been about his birth, how I held him, if I rocked him etc.
Tonight, as I tucked him into bed, he asked "Mama, did Nani have to get cut open by a doctor so that you would be born?"
"No, honey she didn't. Good night and I love you."
"But Mama, I don't understand....."
"Well honey, God intended for most babies birth to occur via the birth canal."
"Where is the birth canal, Mama?"
"The birth canal is in between Mama's legs, Ya know where she goes tee-tee."
"Oh! I get it. You mean the baby crawls up into the pee-pee and the becomes born?"
"No, honey. We will discuss it another day."
"Mama, I understand. You mean the baby climbs up into the hair and then comes out?"
"NO. HONEY. WE'LL TALK ABOUT IT TOMORROW."
Totally NOT fair. All those c-sections should have had some advantage!!! Lol!! :)














No comments:
Post a Comment