rewind to 5ish years ago....
Although I was DEAD SET against it, Chunk ('s cheap butt!) convinced me to move Jack into a twin bed at 16mths. Therefore, when Jared was born a month later, he would have a crib to sleep in.
It worked like (such a!) charm that when Jared turned 16 mths, I kicked his behind out of the crib (despite the fact that no baby was coming along).
I guess everything is different with the last baby. I was not as strict with his sleeping habits, thus he took 4 mths to STTN. I've been wanting to move him to a big bed, but life gets busy (and tiring!). Anywho, today was the day (16 days before he turns 2 yrs old!) I decided. At his naptime, he (attempted) to sleep vertically (versus horizontally in his crib, which clearly gives him more room!), while staring at the camera. His chunky legs slide thru the crib rails (stop at the knee).
After I got the 11am early dismissal text from St. Rose, I had already interrupted his "naptime" and begun taking down the crib.
A few errands & hours later, one (nap-missing) sleepy boy cried for <1 minute and has been happily sleeping in his BIG bed!!!
This was him this afternoon playing in his new bed.
This was him "practicing sleeping" in his new big bed!
The funniest thing was after we first setup his bed, he laid like this, stretched orur each arm and exclaimed "NIGHT! NIGHT!" We laughed and Chunk laughed about Joshua's thoughts "YES! THIS IS HOW IT'S SUPPOSED TO FEEL!!!"
He's now in a queen size bed! And we found some of his favorites "FROSTY" to decorate his wall.
Here he is sleeping in his bed :) I'm quite tempted to go in there and peek at him :) Babies ARE the cutest when they are sleeping!


















No comments:
Post a Comment