The Voice is a major factor in my sleep loss and there are 2 seasons a year! 1st world "problem" I know. I think I actually like summer more because there are no shows to watch and I get on a decent sleep schedule :)
I crawl into bed at 11:45 & my eyes are sooooo tired, they hurt to stay awake & even hurt when I close them (the good hurt though). This should have been my sign, as it has been coincidentally in the past.
11:46 pm - close my eyes and fall into a lovely deep sleep.
3:30 am - "mama, I had a bad dream," as Jack crawls into my bed.
4:15 am (approx.) - mama falls back asleep after adjusting to this extra human sleeping in my bed.
4:38 am - "mama, I got tee-tee on my pants and I can't find Jack" (curses! He left his door open, lol - which caught Jared'a attention). I should have known my sleep was lost at this point...to think my 4 year old would happily go back to sleep all.the.way.upstairs, while his big brother slept in between his parents. Haha. But hey, we are foolish folks sometimes, especially in our desperate hours.
5:00 am - mama crawls back in bed, after changing Jared's clothes & walking him back up to his room. I even pull out a desperate "card" & tell him we'll share one of his cupcakes for breakfast, once he wakes up.
5:10 am - "Mama, I hear a buzzing sound right by my bed."
5:15 am - mama crawls back in bed after tucking Jared into his new bed for the "night" on the couch.
5:30 am - "mama, i'm scared in there all by myself." Chunk gets up (hmmm...wonder where he's been all this time, eh? Men!!) and I slide over to the middle of the bed...ya know where there's a big uncomfortable hump!
5:45 am - mama's THIS.CLOSE to falling into a blissful deep sleep and then one of the boys snore and startle her awake.
6:00 am - mama gives up and grabs her phone.
6:20 am - mama is about to submit her blog post and damn't she realizes she still hasn't put her Dragons to work!!!
If there is a positive to mention about this sleepless night, it's that I never took out my frustration on the boys. I was loving and caring, despite wanting to scream at the top of my lungs "GO TO SLEEP TURD NUGGETS!!!"
TN#1
TN#2!
















No comments:
Post a Comment