Thursday, October 9, 2014

Dear Chunk,

On those rare occasions (and by "rare" I really mean RARE!!!) throughout the year, when you find yourself getting a tad bit frustrated with your awesome wife, I wanted to give you some insight into her brain. I want you to remember that SHE has to deal with herself (and the brain that she was gifted by God) a lot more often than you do. Were you hoping for an example? Good, I've got one for you. 

You see, her popcorn stash had run a little on the low-eth size, so what's girl to do? Refill that container, right? 


Incase you forgot, she likes to stock up on toiletries but not food that she likes to seal up in a nice air-proof container....No, no, no, she despises that because she doesn't have a lot of cabinet space (nor does she have a lot of those fancy containers - hint, hint PERFECT Christmas gift...BUT you have to order the right ones...hint, hint 100 Days of Real Food blog!). 

Anyway, she volunteered to buy a dinner for a fellow classmates family that just welcomed a baby...i.e. PERFECT time to refill that popcorn stash. Well, she knows she lacks talent in estimating, but gives it her best shot. She actually looks at the kernels pouring out of the bin & pays close attention and stops when she feels it's right (in her slight defense, 3 kiddos were testing her patience). Nonetheless, popcorn is $1.99 per lb. She has no clue how many lbs would fill up that jar, but thinks she might have gone just a tad over. 
The cashier rings up $19.08 for popcorn! Oops! I tried :)

So there you have it...see I have to deal with crap too AND I don't have anyone (else) to direct that frustration at....At least you do! :)

With love,
Your Awesome Wife :)

P.S. In case you're wondering, we're good on popcorn for the next year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment