Sunday, August 17, 2014

Failure

I tell ya, these failure days are not fun! I prefer the Check! Check! Check! days :)
So I was eagerly anticipating the arrival of my dry container for my vitamix so that I could make my own flour...it doesn't sound yummy! but Katherine's bread from 4 years ago keeps my hope alive lol!

I wanted to make the boys load of bread for the week and also make a batch of banana-nut muffins (Joshua and Jared loves those & it's a healthy snack).
I started making my loaf of bread at the not.so.perfect time. All 3 boys were ready to go to bed and chunk had been working on the toilet leak (nothing big just an annoying drip-drip every 5+ minutes).
In addition, my sweet little mini-tornado, is constantly on the go...he is whining, screaming, eating or doing something he shouldn't every other minute...but dang he sure is cute! 

While the dough was rising, we put the boys to bed. Jack was crying and said he wanted to live with Nani and Granddad. He gets sad if he's low on sleep...so nothing to worry about, just annoying when it happens (hey, just being honest) :) Oh and now that I think about it, the lack of sleep had to do with us too :) they were up late Friday night...and look how sweet....

After the boys were in bed, I checked on the dough...it rose too high & stuck to the dish towel. After pulling the dish towel off, it fell and then continued to do a big dip while cooking. I pulled it out once it reached the 190 temp inside and let it cool off for about 10 mins. Then the bread and I got into a little "fight."

....the bread won....

Then I started with the muffins....
Weeeeeeeelllll, let's just say after some wheat berries went flying across the kitchen, my patience about measuring the berries>turned>flour was thin and I estimated. And if anyone has been around long enough, they would know that my estimation skills are about as good as my movie-picking skills. Nonetheless, my previous batch of this recipe yielded this....

about 12 1/2 muffins. 

This batch yielded....

...a lot!

So my guess is that it's going to taste a little wheatie!!!! Oh well, maybe Jared and Joshua will still eat them lol. If not, maybe the dogs? 

But do ya know a good way to end a "failure" day??? This mama learned a long time ago! 

Yep, that's not a glass of water in that pretty, little Auburn Tiger cup! :)

...and now...ALL IS WELL :)

No comments:

Post a Comment