Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Dear Joshua, THIS is the definition of TRUE LOVE!

You're sick.

You're needy.

You've had fevers all day yesterday, 2x last night and still do now. 

It's no biggie/no surprise that Mama is here for you (it's my job...although I am underpaid & need to discuss that with mgmt soon). 

Not to mention the fact that all you say is "Dada, Dada, Dada!" despite the fact that, that precious "Dada" of yours was sleeping while you were crying! But who got up? Who always gets up with you (unless I ask/wake chunk up for help)? That's right "Mama!" Don't act like you don't know those words. You are just collaborating with that stinky pants Dada of yours!

Nonetheless...for some reason you can flash those eyes at me & I keep showing up for work every day.

You are 15 months old & know how to throw some major temper tantrums, but you also get distracted easily. 

Speaking of tantrums, when this fell on the floor of an auto-shop yesterday, you didn't fail me in the T.T. Department, when I threw it away. 


You love and by love, I mean LOVE to dance. 
This is you focusing intensely on bobbing your head while bouncing your body (Mama can't even clap to a rhythm so please feel free to share some tips!).


But the point of this post is none of the above, but instead it's about TRUE LOVE!

We got back from errands/lunch and you were getting warm again and you were ready for your nap. The Nest is set to turn on Auto-Away if it does not sense any movement for 2 hours. It was 76 degrees upstairs, so I bumped it down. I had to change your diaper and your poor sick self started screaming (no surprise, as you always seem to have better things to do than to have your urine/bowel movements removed from your skin)....BUT your lips starts quivering! Granted, they have been quivering every time I change your diaper since you've had a fever...but the temp was also 69....
This afternoon, your room was 76! That's a 7 degree increase! Mama was sweating, as you were being bundled up in a (winter) sleep sack...
that lip was still quivering & you were screaming. So I (TIP: here's the TRUE LOVE part!) get our warmest blanket that I've been snuggling you with (mind you, that's when I lower the temp to 67 to get your fever down). 

We are bundled up in the rocking chair & Mama is still sweating & you are still quivering & screaming. Your (TRUE LOVE) Mama puts this hot-a$$ blanket over our heads, so our exhales will quickly get you to stop quivering (despite the fact that that head of yours is warm!). 
I am in jeans sweating like a fat man, jogging in scuba gear on the beach! And what do I do (as my sweat begins to drop on your head)...I begin singing your favorite song "Jesus Loves Me" and then you start making those sweet sounds, while breathing big sighs of relief....as you were convinced you were actually going to freeze to death. 

NOW THAT, MY SON, IS TRUE LOVE! MAMA HATES TO BE HOT, ESPECIALLY IF I'M NOT IN "SWEAT CLOTHES." Yes, you read that correctly. I'm fine with sweating IF I'm in the proper attire. Otherwise, I am very moody, unreasonable and just quite miserable to be around :)

I love you sweet stink bomb and I hope you sleep well and don't ever pull that crap again in a 76 degree house!

Disclaimer (for my future anal/forgetful self & any other current ones, lol): I realize the point is to bring DOWN his temp...which I do once he is bundled up by making the air around him cold. And if his temp was really high, this route would not work & we'd have to go straight to a luke-warm bath. 

Here's a pic of my sweet stink bomb this morning as he was snoring away on my chest after his fever subsided.



No comments:

Post a Comment