The past 6 months at work have been so exhausting. In Accounting, year-end is always hectic.The reconciliations, support and explanation of all the questions from the auditors is a lot on top of normal month-end close-out.
Then go ahead and add the following situations to an already busy time of the year and you've pretty got a case for a psychiatrist because you're eventually going to lose it.
1)My bosses have been working on a new commission structure since Jun-13. They planned on beginning to test & compare this new structure (to the old) in Oct-13, and roll it out in Jan-14. This isolated project is a lot to undertake and to do it at year-end is/was overwhelming.
2) IMS has received multiple inquiries over the years about selling. As the owners are nearing retirement stage, they decided to go through the process to determine IMS's value. In other words, the Accounting department got the bulk request of one trillion questions (give or take a few). For a few months, we had to answer so many questions about the company and provide all the financial support. Oh.my.goodness, it was exhausting.
3) When I started working part-time back in 2012/2011, we hired someone to help take on some of my work. After a year of training him and everything coming full circle, his wife graduated and ended up accepting a job in Huntsville. So we hired someone else right before I went on maternity leave with Joshua. She ended up not working out and left right before Christmas. Add on to the fact that we are still finding mistakes or ignored responsibilities, from the 8 mths she was here.... = no fun!
Lastly (yes my party is coming to an end!), the commission plan was delayed due to all the events mentioned above and I've spent the past few weeks learning this new program and ensuring it's calculating correctly...On top of paying out the old commission structure as well. Monday is the first "double commission" payroll. To put this into perspective, normally I pay around $500k in commissions each month...and I just spent the last 21 hours at work (I know that's a no-no Mom, but I did not leave the office from 6pm to 5am) in order to pay $1,000,000 in commissions.
Not only does working these extra hours leave me exhausted, but I miss my family. They have been so supportive whenever work comes up. I know it drains them too and the boys are out of their routine. It's just a domino effect of bleh.
However, at the end of the day, I am very thankful and blessed to have a job that I do love, with flexibility and awesome co-workers & boss. Additionally, I have an awesome, loving family that helps me and listens to me vent, does chores and helps with the kids. God has definitely given me more than I deserve. And on that note, I'll end with a couple of handsome pics of the little men in my life :)
















No comments:
Post a Comment