Then I saw an opportunity to "be her" and send my dad a text...below is the texts that went back and forth within 3 minutes...
"Mom:" I've been thinking about this and was struggling with it. Jennifer is my favorite child. Is that a sin? Should I confess to Lee?
Dad: Am I your favorite husband? Is Lee your favorite male child?
"Mom:" Yes, you are my favorite (only) husband. Jennifer is not just my favorite female child, she is my favorite child of all.
Dad: So you love her more? Or enjoy her company more?
Bahahahaha! I don't know how funny this is reading, but let me tell you...every response back was a complete shock to me, as I believed each text that I sent would give me away. I kept anticipating to call me out and was baffled to see a quick, genuine reply.
We arrived at my house and she helped me get the boys inside. Apparently, that 5 minute delay of no response concerned my dad and he called her, lol!
What made my prank even better is that my dad is so humble (a trait that I admire in him SO much). After my mom told him it was a joke, he called me and revealed his thoughts through those 3 minutes...
He said that he was making his rounds at St. Vincent's (delivering Communion to people who could not make it to mass), and that it was an unusual day because many people were opening up and discussing personal situations to him. Then, he receives this unusual text from his wife. He imagined her sitting at home by herself and wanting to reveal something that has been bothering her for some time.
His first thought, No! You don't confess that sort of thing to the person; you confess it to a priest!
But he wanted to understand more of the story & see if she was in fact sinning. I asked how he didn't pick up on the fact that I was knocking him by saying "Yes, you are my favorite (only) husband." As in, unfortunately, I am stuck with only you, so you are the only eligible one to be my favorite.
But he perceived it as Yes, you are my favorite husband, but you're the only one I have...so why are you asking me that question?
His next thought...Does she think she loves Jennifer more because they have a good companionship and can relate to each others needs/life etc.? Furthermore, he actually thought I'll tell her that maybe if Lee has a daughter, that might help strengthen their bond and bring Lee up to Jennifer's level of love.
His final conclusion...If all of this investigation reveals that she does in fact genuinely love Jennifer more than Lee, then this is the Holy Spirit bringing this to light and I can help her realize her sin and she can go to confession.
Once again, may I add...BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Thanks Dad for giving me such joy this afternoon in pranking you! I love you very much! Thanks also for trying to help your wife love your son as much as she loves me!!!! But just go ahead & accept that nothing can change how much I rock! Sorry, you're wife is just a sinner!














No comments:
Post a Comment