I defrosted a 15lb ham to cook with Joshua's green beans. These are the thanksgiving day hams that IMS gives us each year. They are pre-cooked!!! And...
I know this!
I knew this!
I've known this!!! We've gotten one for, I want to say, the 10+ years that I've been working there.
Once it is defrosted, I pull off a few slices to cook with the green beans. Then, I place it on 300 in the oven. Why I placed it in the oven, I don't know? We weren't eating it tonight b/c it's Lent. Nonetheless, my mind "told me" that I needed to cook the ham (i.e. Get all 15lbs nice and hot), just to turn around and make our refrigerator work really hard to cool it down.
When Chunk got home, he wanted fish sticks...so I took the ham out. When he was done, I placed it back in the oven.
4hrs later, the timer goes off. I go to pull out the ham, only to find it cool to the touch.
So not only did I not need to cook the ham...I stayed up 4 hours NOT cooking the ham.
Hello Midnight!... for nothing!














No comments:
Post a Comment