His "Jesus song" that he made up "Don't punch. Don't kick. Wash your hands before you eat. Be nice. This is the rules from the law. God died on the cross so he could pray to us."
He sang this song twice & repeated it perfectly.
Chunk was out of town, so to lend a helping (much-appreciated) hand, my parents kept both older boys last night. My mom had to discipline Jared or threaten something, he responded with "Nani, if you're not good to me, then I'm not going to be able to spend the night with you." Lol.
He is our "needy" boy and told Nani today that "he could go to church with them, but then he had to return back home to Mama's house." And so we got Jared back and our independent boy (Jack) spent the night with them again tonight.
The boys started playing soccer a few weeks ago. Chunk is both of their coaches. Jared is on the Under 4 team. His first game ended with him somewhat hysterically crying because "the other boy cheated!!!" We had to repeatedly explain that taking the ball away in soccer is not cheating. Chunk reinforced this throughout the week & reminded him that he could take that ball away from the other players. He asked chunk before his 2nd game "Dada, when is it my turn?" Chunk responded with "It's always your turn. Go get that ball and score!!" ...Something clicked! He scored 4 goals that game and 3 goals the next :)
Joshua:
The saying stands true for the 3rd...he is very laid-back and just goes with the flow for the most part. He loves laughing at his silly brothers & when his dada tickles him. He still chooses his Mama over Dada, BUT after chunk being gone for 2 days, that boy just leaped out of my arms into Dada's. I didn't have a shot at keeping him!
Here lately he's been giving lots of kisses at bedtime to procrastinate and to enjoy hearing the "I got a kiss!" song. One night, he gently started to bite me after drinking his last bottle before bed. I used my stern voice and said "Joshua! We do not bite. That hurts Mommy. He sat straight up and looked at me and puckered that bottom lip out and started wailing. It was quite hilarious & sad at the same time.
Jack:
My sweet, independent messy/OCD child! He draws so many awesomely detailed pictures. I really struggle with keeping ALL of them. He draws so many skylanders & he just does it with such heart and passion. My parents emailed us this Easter Bunny picture he drew for us tonight.
He has begun loving soccer too and has scored 4 goals! He is a funny and honest little man. Each day, we have to initial his daily report. They "pull cards" if they get into trouble at school. He had an adjustment period where he pulled a few cards during his first few weeks. Then he got the hang of it (as he truly and genuinely wants to please people). Anyway, for weeks now he has gotten starry eyes (= no pulled cards, smiley face = 1 pulled card, straight = 2 and frown = 3). But the other week, he got a smiley face. The moment he stepped off that bus, he spilled his beans "Mama, look at my Husky book. I had to pull a card today. My friend and I were talking and Mrs. Shannon made us a pull a card." I responded, "Thank you for being up front with me Jack. Why were y'all taking if Mrs. Shannon asked you not to?" He replied, "Well, we just had some important stuff to talk about, but I know I shouldn't have talked. What will my punishment be?"
Lol. He is a funny boy with such a sweet heart. He also loves his baby Joshua & thinks he is so funny. I can't believe he will be six years old in just a couple of months!!! Where did my first-born baby go???















No comments:
Post a Comment