Friday, February 7, 2014

My Dearest Jack

I won't waste my time or yours telling you how much I love you because you know this! :) 
Today's post is about you (and me because you got this from me dear). You are independent and can play by yourself for hours. You don't have to hug me or see me constantly, just knowing we're in the same vacinity is good enough for you :) 
However, all of that is out the window when you are sick! You are very, very, very needy (hmmmm...maybe you actually get this from dada...especially when he is sick!). You NEED to talk to me all.day.long. You need something every second of every minute of every waking hour, of that sick day. And every request begins with "Mama?" And you wait for me to answer. For instance, in the past 5 minutes, here is what I recall (i.e. You said a lot more, but this is what sticks out in my memory). 
Side note: I won't waste your reading time with my response of "Yes, Jack," but know that each "Mama?", received a "Yes, Jack" reply. Otherwise, "Mama?" would have been repeated immediately following the prior said "Mama?" until I responded with "Yes, Jack."

"Mama? I want a peanut butter and jelly sandwich."
"Mama? My head hurts when I chew."
"Mama? Can I watch Jurrasic Park?"
"Mama? Can I play on your phone?"
"Mama? Do you know what my teacher said? She said that you can't put your hands on your face because the germs will get in your mouth."
"Mama? Do you know that on my first day of school, I drank water out of the sink and everybody said 'ewwww." 
"Mama? I'm cold."
Mama? Do you know which my favorite skylander is? Pop Thorn."
"Mama? I want to get a skylander giant with my next money. Then when I score a lot of goals in soccer, I will get Pop Thorn."
"Mama? Jared is talking and he's not supposed to talk to me when I'm sick."
"Mama? Jared's looking at me."
"Mama? Can we get the mattress out?"
Mama? Am I going to school tomorrow if I feel better?"

Okay, no lie...not exaggerating...that is for real what just came out of my normally quiet son in 5 minutes. Poor Jared can't even squeeze in any words with the competition Jack's throwing out!

Well at least I got him quiet for a few minutes while he plays a school game on the computer.


I just feel bad for my mom! I was a normal whiny kid (not sure what I was like when I was sick)...and I'm sure all Jr did was aggrevate me, which always resulted in more whining! 

SHEW! Ready for a non-sick day! :)

I love you Jack! I might love your non-sick self a little more that your sick-self..but hey Mama's still here...she didn't leave you :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment