Thursday, February 20, 2014

Life with Boys

My weekday begins with Jack & Jared waking me up. Yes, they are my alarm clocks...that have (unfortunately) never failed me :) They have a Tot Clock in their room that turns yellow when it is time to get out of bed (6:30). On days that I have to work & they wake me up, I immediately jump in the shower (hoping to beat Joshua's wake time). On my off days, Jared and I squeeze in some extra cuddle time while Jack gets ready for school. 

Thanks to pirate coins, what used to be a stressful 30+ minute process with me helping (verbal reminders of each step) & Jack crying about getting on the bus, is now a 7-10 min process completed all by a happy Jack :) Major kudos to him, but that's not what this post is for, lol....

This morning, while snuggling Jared & partially sleeping, Jack comes from the bathroom, holding something wet in his hand. After a few sentences & hearing/seeing this bracelet move around my pillow and touch my bedspread, I hear "This fell in the toilet while I was going tee-tee." I immediately sit-up & ask him to back-up and clarify what he just said....
"It accidentally fell in the toilet while I was going tee-tee. Sorry Mama."
"That's ok, but did you wash your hands AND the bracelet????"
"Ugggghhhhhh....noooooo, not yet.......but I'll do it right now Mama."
"Jackson Charles, that is disgusting. Why would you bring it out here & put your tee-tee bracelet & hands on my pillow/bedspread? Come on bud, you gotta think about these types of things before you act."
"I sorry Mama. I'm washing my hands now."
"Thanks Jack & please finish getting ready."

...5 minutes later, I hear him jumping around in a good mood, and I ask him if he's ready and (to confirm) Jack, you did wash your hands with soap, right?"
"Ughhhhhh....no....but I will right now." 
"Jack, for real? You stuck your hand into the toilet with your tee-tee in it & grabbed the bracelet & after waking in here & Mama had to remind you to wash your hands, all you did was rinse them?!?!?!"

Yeah. Boys are gross! Gross!!! And I really shiver at the thought of all the things that happen when I'm not looking. Yuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment