Friday, January 31, 2014

Nursery Rhyme

have been hesitant about posting this because I knew my parents would be shaking their head in dissappoitment. However, after this last occurrence, I was compelled to document this memory (as I know I will totally forget it in the years to come). But I am so thankful that I decided to research this before I posted it! 

I was never good at remembering the words to nursery rhymes and I usually just remember 1 or 2 lyrics and repeat those lyrics over and over and over again. After a while of singing 2 lines of "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" or "Rock-a-Bye Baby," it got old. Many times, I would hum the Bridal chorus "Here Comes the Bride." I'm guessing since Joshua took 4 months to STTN (versus 6 & 7 weeks for his older brothers), I got bored and just started singing my own music. I have a tendency to get hung up on a certain song and will listen to it over and over again. Apparently, I like to sing the same song over and over and again. This drives Chunk crazy! Literally, I will find a new song I love and will listen every time I am in the car (on repeat) for a week straight, so I can learn the lyrics. 

Anyway, either I memorize the lyrics or I have NO CLUE what they say. This also baffles Chunk. A Led Zeppelin or Rolling Stones song will come on and we've ended up talking about the meaning of the song. Despite the fact that I've listened to it for 15 years, I still will have no clue what it is about. 

Back to my point....when Joshua was about 4 months old, I remember walking into his room and giving him a bottle before he went down for bed. He was a little fussy and I started singing a song, and PLOP! went his head on my shoulder, thumb in mouth and he was out in a flash. Seriously, it was bizarre...almost like a spell was cast on him and gravity was instantly removed and his head just plopped onto my shoulder.
So I remember the next day trying it and BAM! head on shoulder, thumb in mouth and he was out in a flash.....

Fast forward 5 months later and we were in our new house. Chunk had just put Joshua to bed and he said "Dude, I sang this song and Joshua just laid his head on my shoulder and was out!"

Fast forward 2 months later, to this past Thursday, Joshua is 11mths old. He had a rough day and was fighting his naps (thx to teething). I gave him a bottle and for some reason (belly full I guess) he always gets happy and wants to chat after a bottle. But he needed sleep! So I sang that "magical" (8 word) song, and BAM! He laid that head on my shoulder, started sucking his thumb and I just continued on repeating those lyrics and was able to rock him to sleep.

The problem with my song is that it is a rap song!  Not like a funny rap song (like the one in the Friends episode), but more like too-repulsive for me to continue reading 1/2 way through the lyrics. It was appalling to say the least. Therefore I will not reveal the name of the (late) rapper or the song because one day our boys will be old enough to read this and I will have to explain myself, lol!  Apparently, I have only heard the radio version and never paid attention to the lyrics. I'm very thankful that Chunk listen to the lyrics and is very good at deciphering the meanings. 

All that being said...here is our (almost 11mth old cutie pie!) who just had his 9 mth check up (yea, shame, shame on mama). He was 27lbs 13oz. Big boy has been excercising too much and actually lost 2 oz in the past 3 mths! He is still in the >97% for height and for weight. Oh and this was the 2nd time in his life that he didn't cry for shots. Like he literally made a frown for the first one and didn't flinch for the second one. Sooooo, not my child. My "injured" arm is out of commission for the rest of the day, after I get a shot!


This was on Thursday, right before I remember my trick and was able to rock him to sleep. 

This was just a couple of minutes ago, after I started singing that rap song, lol. Disclaimer: My 8 word lyrics are not bad. Also, obviously this isn't a spell and it doesn't work every time...BUT it has worked enough times for me to want to remember this.

This was right before I sang the song, when he was in his "my belly is full and I'm giddy!" mood lol. 

Here are some pics from when I have all 3 of them a bath together for the first time. It was a disaster towards the end, but it was so worth it for Joshua. He was in Heaven with his 2 favorite people right there with him, lol! 


This is one of our favorite faces that he makes ALL the time. I'm so going to miss it when he grows out of this stage! 



And here is that face at his 9mth check up on Friday. 


No comments:

Post a Comment