Thursday, January 16, 2014

Hands Free Mama

I LOVE this blog (the Hands Free Mama blog...sorry don't know how to link on y phone). She just released a book that I haven't had a chance to start reading yet. Basically, it is about putting down all the distractions in your life (phone, tv, to-do lists, chores etc.) and just focusing on what really matters....the people you love! 
She started this "hands free" journey about 3 years ago. She shares stories about how this impacted her kids spirits, her own and even her husbands. It's amazing to read and can benefit ALL people. 
Anyway, tonight I was feeling the "to-do lists pressure" lol and it was nearing bedtime and I gave Chunk my blessings to eat dinner with a vendor who was in town. I wasn't frustrated at all but just wanting to accomplish the mountain of laundry on my couch and straighten up a bit). It was 7pm and we usually start brushing teeth at 7:30. So I told them, they could watch one show in the bedroom (so I could have some "peace" while I cleaned). They said they wanted to watch it in the living room to be with me. So I obliged. Then I sat down for a minute and Jared quickly climbed in my lap. At this moment my "hands free teacher spoke to me" lol....
I turned off the tv and asked if they wanted to watch a show in the bedroom with Mama and that I'd cut up and we'd eat watermelon in bed (on Dada's side of course lol). 
Side note: We used to let them eat wherever at our old house, but at our new house, they have to eat in the kitchen. And dang who knew how much cleaner my house would become, lol! Anyway, my point is...eating in bed is a rare, rare, rare treat! 
But they decided they wanted to help me cut up the watermelon. I realized how fun it would be for them and agreed! 
So thanks to the Hands Free Mama blog for allowing me to forget about the neverending chores and choosing to enjoy my boys who are growing toooo quickly and they won't always want to do these little things with me. One day they'll roll their eyes and tell me they "know how to cut watermelon!" 
.....on second thought, who am I kidding? Men will always opt to sit and have a woman bring them food!!!! Nonetheless, you get my point!
Enjoy the pictures :) Thx for the watermelon dad!

They were so excited to have their own knife, plate and tupperware! They were cutting up their own bites :)




FYI....NAKED BABIES CAN CRAWL AND CLIMB A LOT FASTER THAN WHEN THEY ARE WEARING CLOTHES!

And just because he was sleeping doesn't mean he shouldn't get "blog attention" lol. 

So sweet :)

This is his "I'm a stinker and You know you love it" smile :)

It's 8:05. I'm snuggling my 2 boys and wrote a great learning experience and memory for mama....I'd say that's an accomplished evening! 

These chores can wait...in fact, they will be always there. But my boys won't, so I gotta enjoy them now! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment