Tuesday, August 31, 2010

One of those "awwwwww" moments....

Tonight Jack, Jared and I went to Chick-Fil-A, so Chunk could work-out and have "full concentration" while drafting his 1 of 3 fantast team! A few months back, Chunk started a sweet thing w/ Jack where he asks him (usually daily)...

Do you love Ma-Ma? I love Ma-Ma.
Do you love Da-Da? I love Da-Da.
Do you love Jared? I love Jare (hasn't quite mastered the "d" yet)! This one is usually said w/ excitement!

I have picked it up and added a few family names for 2 reasons: 1.) so that he remembers his out of town relatives and 2.) because it totally captures his undivided attention! Often times, I will ask the same questions again if I need to keep his attention longer. Sometimes,  once I've named everyone I get distracted and pause for a moment before I restart it. Tonight it went like this....

Do you love Da-Da? I love Da-Da.
Do you love Ma-Ma? I love Ma-Ma.
Do you love Granddad? I love Gra-dad.
Do you love Nani? I love Nani.
Do you love Grandma? I love Gra-Ma.
Do you love Grandpa? I love Gra-Pa.
Do you love Uncle Lee? I love Uncle Lee.
Do you love Aunt Karen? I love Aunt Care.
Do you love Cousin Tripp? I love Ca' Trip.
Do you love Uncle Nick? I love Uncle Nick.
Do you love Aunt Kitty? I love Aunt Key.
Do you love.................................... I paused here for a bit trying to start over with a different family name and he shouted "JARE!"

In that long list (for a 2yr old), I had left out his brother. And it was as if he gave me a few seconds to include Jared...then finally gave up and screamed it out. Seriously, it was a loud, happy scream. People @ Chick-fil-a just looked over and smiled. It was truly the sweetest thing.

Here's some pics of the cutie-pies :)

A couple of weeks ago, we visited my Aunt Kapi and saw a Falcon's game. Jack was mesmerizeded by seeing a real, live football game. In fact, when we left, he  said "I love football." (FYI...we only ask him if he loves family members, never material things...Jack came up with this thought on his own). He loves watching football w/ his Da-Da.


Despite his love for football, he only lasted one quarter. Needless to say, I got a nice workout running up and down the stadium.

On the way to Atlanta..."I can waive with BOTH hands!!!!!!!"

This is Jack coming back to give Jared a kiss....that sweet brotherly love that I'm well aware will only last for a short period of time.

"whew...it's hot, but i gotta get to my brother..."

"Ok Ma-Ma, I'm climbing up..."

"What? You're not coming with me???"

"This is a much safer way to slide down...especially after busting my butt a couple of months ago when my mom didn't catch me!"

This boy would live outside if I would let him. He pitches a BIG 'OL fit now if his brother and Da-Da are grilling. The past few times, he has screamed bloody murder to where I thought a chair had fallen on him or something and come to find out, he's just standing up, staring out the french doors, mighty PO'D that he's not out there...this is him at the park and it finally cooled down enough to let him crawl around. he's enjoying the freedom!

"on-to my next move..."

"WAH-AGLE!"

"Out!-Down!-Out!-Down!-Walk!"  This reminds me of the times when he has finished his drink at the park and thus proceeds to name ALL of the drinks he likes...

"Milk?" I don't have any milk, Jack.
"Juice?" I don't have any juice, Jack.
"Orange Juice?" I don't have any Orange Juice , Jack.
"Wah?" I don't have any water, Jack.
"Milk! Wah! Juice!" ...Good thing, the park is only one minute away. :)

Jack's used to the camera, but Jared is still intrigued!

Jack's "working on" learning the term SHARE...

My new climber...this little turd is teaching my bigger turd to do bad things! Jack has always been my cautious child. Jared, not so much. Yesterday, he must have woke up, looked up and decided that his goal in life would be to touch the ceiling! He almost pulled a piece a furniture (I know shame on me) on top of him had my knee not been there to block it. Then he was standing on the side of Jack's bed frame holding onto the bed rail. Jack saw it and has now decided that is the "cool way" to get on his bed...climb up the side and jump over the bed rail! Then Jared was climbing up the kitchen chair onto Jack's booter seat...this all happened w/in 15 minutes of getting home. Yesterday w/ my mom, he climbed on top of a kids folding chair, realized that it was too wobbly, got down and pushed it over to the couch to climb on top of. Then in chick-fil-a last night, he climbed all the way UP the slide. This is a LONG slide and it was rather difficult getting up there to pull him down. Thank goodness he didn't fall! But...he sure is cute when he does it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment