Monday, May 3, 2010

Happy Birthday Chunk!!!

Happy Birthday to the best husband, father and friend that a woman could ever ask for! My, you are getting old...29???? HAHAHAHAHA :) Hmm...where do I begin? I met you when I was 14! My mom says she remembers you "checking out" her daughter in church and how she thought "how dare him look @ my daughter?" Would she have ever guessed that 14 years later, she would be a "stay at home grandma" w/ two handsome grandsons and a spectacular son-in-law!

Here's why my husband rocks...

He LOVES his boys sooooooooo much. IF, I dare put Jack to bed w/out him giving his dad a kiss, chunk will always come "interupt" Jack's night-night routine. Although I give him the look  b/c it will distract Jack from his bedtime routine, I secretly love it. It just touches my heart that he does that. He's also (on the few occasions that we go out and actually stay out late) walked in Jack's room around 11 or 12 at night and kissed him. Whew, in those situations, I do threaten him with his life. But again, could I ask for a better father who MUST kiss his son good night?

He LOVES his family. When any of his (don't know what you call them since we are his immediate family now?...let's say...past immediate family, lol) is coming to visit, he almost gets giddy (sp?). The few days prior to their arrival (be it, his parents, his brother or his sister), he gets in an extra, extra good mood. In fact, he's so happy, he's willing to do extra chores or extra anything that I ask of him...(READ: Carlos, Woman, Girl, Nick....come on down!!!!!! LOL). :) But seriously, he just gets in such a good mood because he loves and misses his family so much. He just loves to be surrounded by the people he loves.

He's so good with our money. He started us out on the Dave Ramsey plan shortly after we got married. Even though, I fought tooth and nail to spend, spend, spend, he wouldn't allow it. He cares so much about our future and has the discipline to do so. I know at some point we will increase our house payment, but as of now, we will have our house paid off in 11 years. Who does that? Chunk does that. I give him 100% of the credit. If it was up to me, I'd have to buy a new coach purse or something. We are paying for boys college right now. We are doing all of these amazing things all thanks to Chunk. He is (will be) teaching our boys (and future kiddos) an invaluable lesson on money.

He doesn't complain. Or let me say this, if he's complaining, I need to listen because it's rare. (Disclaimer: I am referring to serious complaints. He jokingly complains ALL the time!) I would say he's pretty good @ applying the Serenity Prayer to his life (God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference).

He's a little kid @ heart. He makes our marriage so much fun. He loves playing with the boys. He can make Jack belly-laugh like no other. He tickles me and once he finds my belly-laugh (which is rare), he does NOT stop until I literally hurt him. He just loves to hear other people laugh. He's been that way his entire life. He's known as the class clown. I sincerely wish he would get into some sort of counseling (scary I know) because he could bring laughter to people who are dying, who just lost a loved one etc. He has that gift.

When Jack wakes up, he will race me to his room to get that first smile when he wakes up and we open the door to get him out of bed.

It doesn't matter where, when or how, he just wants to be with his family. I often joke that I'm "the guy: in the relationship and he's "the girl" simply because he just wants to be surrounded by the people he loves and he misses us when we're not here. Goodness gracious, if I'm picking up the boys and he gets home before we do, you best believe he's calling wondering where his family is. While, I, on the other hand, might think "woohoo...house to myself" and NOT call so they don't rush home, lol!

He loves to cook.

He worked hard, very hard in school to earn his engineering and MBA to provide for his family.

He works very hard and takes such pride in his job.

He listens to me. And anyone that knows me, knows that I can ramble on and on and on and on. Even though he pretends he doesn't hear me, I know he does.

He will do anything I ask of him. If I ask him to put Jack to bed, do the dishes, fold laundry, etc. He will do it.

He loves his friends. He's had the same group of guy friends since high school.

He usually surprises me with treats from Wal-mart whenever he goes there.

He's blunt. Although this can get him into trouble, I do admire his honesty. I am currently working on teaching him about that line...you know, that polite line, where you may think something, but CHOOSE not to say it because it may or may not be appropriate. Yeah, chunk doesn't know about that line. He basically says whatever everyone else is thinking in the room. Again, we're working on it, but it will take some time. I have seen some improvement though over the past 5 years.

He's smart, and not just book smart. He can jump into any conversation and hold his own...if not, he'll make you laugh about why he doesn't know something. :)


He's patient. I despise following directions. I just don't have the patience. He does and I appreciate that. I think it's because he likes to be right. He likes to do things one time and the right way. I just get too impatient. This is why he's a good cook and I'm not. :)

I love you honey! Happy Birthday! Thanks for all that you do for your family! You rock! Don't let this post make your head too big.

2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet post! Happy Birthday Chunk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet Jen. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete