This weekend Debra, Toney and Sharrie hosted a slumber/pool party for our cousin Keri, whose moving to Michigan in a few weeks!!! Shamefully, I did not get ANY pictures with/of my cousins. But like I told Debra, we need to do this again and again and again...we don't need a reason. Friday night, the cousins and any children were invited to spend the night on Friday. Nena, Big Kapi, Big Ann, Kim, Keri, Little Kapi and Mary McRae, Jared and I, Toney and Robinson, and Sharrie all hung out and (most of us) spent the night. There were a few of us up until 1:30 (all of you mothers know that's huge!). Of course, Jared was in a new place and he slept good, but woke-up @ 4:30. I gave him a bottle and then had to share my bed with him (which means, I am on my side w/ about 10% of the room and his 18lb butt is taking up the other 90%!). My boys do not like sleeping with anyone. Just like the seldom sick nights that I had to sleep w/ Jack, when Jared would feel me, he would kick and kick and kick and kick until I moved and he didn't feel me anymore....hence, the 90/10 allocation. After his 4:30 bottle, he was shuffling around and Bear (Toney, Harrison and Robinson's big dog) came up the stairs and his nails were making loud noises against the hardwood floor. This immediately startled Jared and forced him out of his shuffling mode. He arched that back and was slowly looking around the room, realizing he was NOT in his room. I caught the side of his face and that lip was pouty and you could tell he was about to scream, then he saw me and gave me this big 'ol grin/"you better be glad you were in here or all hell was about to break loose." LOL. And literally, those who know me, know I rarely (genuinely) laugh out loud, but I did this time.
Ok, whew, I can get side-tracked. We had a blast. I sincerely hope we do this like once a quarter or something. On Saturday, I went back to my house, let the boys nap and then we went back over there to hang out by the pool. Wendy and Leslie came also, but again no pictures of anyone! Here are some pics of me and the kids. It was a fun weekend! A big thanks to Debra for hosting and providing some yummy food (along w/ some other aunts). Love ya'll!
Jared meeting Robinson for the 1st time (well technically they "met" when they were 5 and 3 weeks old, so that doesn't really count).
Yank!
Let's try this again...I need you to look me in the eye and listen to me...

That's it, I'm going to have to do this the hard way...
Handsome #1
and Handsome #2
sweet smile...
Me and the boys...
Pool time fun...Jared LOVED the water. He immediately started kicking and was just giggling the whole time. :)
This was difficult. They were both "all done" by this point.
Jack LOVES putting on other people's shoes. Usually they are on the wrong foot, so I was impressed. :)
Nena & Mary McRae
Handsome Robinson sitting in the same highchair his mommy sat in as a little girl
No comments:
Post a Comment