Thursday, April 22, 2010

my dad rocks because...

He LOVES our God and does everything he can to please him.
He answers any and all questions w/ such excitement about religion and God.
Here's a quick tid-bit as to why he does NOT rock...he's a bama fan!!!!! Boo!!!!!!!!!!!
He LOVES his grandkids. Jack speaks, he says where and Jack points and off they go.
He doesn't stop, literally. He only stops in life to sleep. He truly lives his life to the fullest. He works HARD and with passion and determination to do the best he can for the company he works for. He visits an older couple every week (and has for years) to bring them Holy Communion as they cannot make it to church each week. He goes to prison each week and ministers to prisoners interested in God. He is a Deacon. It took him 3 long years (w/ my lovely moms support right by his side). He brings Holy Communion to people at the St. Vincents Hospital. I could go on and on about what he does for people.
He LOVES my mom with his entire heart and soul. They are true soul mates and I am so blessed to have them as my parents. In fact, my mom dated this guy for 2+ years, then broke-up with him, my dad asked her out and they dated for 4 mths and then got married. They went to six flags for their honeymoon! They will have been married for 34 years on August 26th!
He is such a big kid and I love it!
To elaborate on the above statement, he once had played one too many pranks on someone at work, that they paid him back by moving his ENTIRE office outside in the parking lot (i.e. his desk w/ his computer on it, phone on it etc.).
He will overlook anything that I've written incorrectly because my memory is bad and sometimes makes things up, lol.
He can't talk long on the phone unless it's about God or something serious. It's rather funny because I can ramble ALL DAY LONG, and if I do with him, I can sense he's getting anzy (sp?) and is ready to let me go.
He won't take ANY medicine unless his life was on the line. He doesn't get a numbing shot when he gets a filling! How ludicrous is that? He seriously will not take anything. He wants his body to fight it off, but I admit, I admire him for that.
He LOVES his family.
He LOVES picking on my husband (and chunk loves picking on him equally as much).
He LUH-HUVES to fish and can't wait until he can take his grandchildren.
He loves to talk smack to my mom about some stupid life-time movie she is watching and ask her why she is watching it, but not 10 mins later, he's asking her QUESTIONS about what's going on in the movie...then another 10 mins later, he's talking smack again, then an 2 hrs later he talks about how she made him waste 2 hrs of his life watching that stupid life-time movie.
He has the strength to separate personal and business relationships.
He used to sing "Oh my darlin', oh my darlin', oh my darlin' Jennifer, how I love you, how I love you, oh my darlin' Jennifer," when I was a little girl and told me I would miss it when I got older (and I must admit, I do).
He's told me a million times that I will miss his corny jokes once he's with God and he's right...oh how I will miss that (shhh....don't tell him though!).
He LOVES my brother and misses him, but is oh so proud of the job he's doing in New Orleans.
He is one handy man and has done so many projects and things for our family (laundry room shelves, back deck).
He loves me despite my love for Auburn! WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He will be there for me, for anything!
Ok...Jared's ready for his bottle! So I gotta go...but because I know my husband will be whining when he reads this...Chunk, I will write a post about why you rock next month for your birthday!

Love ya dad mmmmmgggggggggggg tons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Jenn! I don't like to cry on Fridays. You almost had me there at the end... I've known your dad for a long time, but I learned some new things about him today! I know he's proud of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lee is one of the most special people I know. His corny jokes are one of his best attributes even though we use to roll our eyes as children. The line about the lifetime movie cracks me up. I love your family!

    ReplyDelete