Friday, January 30, 2015

These conversations no longer surprise me, but man they still break my heart!

We were in my mom's car and 1/2 way on the way to school, Jared took off his headphones and said...

"Mom, if you died and went to Heaven....I would just jump on your back and go up to Heaven with you."

Hmmmm...I ponder how to respond to that...do I tell him the truth? Nah, he's too young to truly get it. So, I looked at him in the rearview mirror and he's just patiently waiting for my response, with a proud look on his face...so I tell him that it was a smart idea (as I choke back tears!!!). Then he continues...

"Mom, if dad died, you could jump on his back, Jack could jump on yours, I could jump on Jack's and Joshua could jump on mine. That way we can always be together!!!! Right, Mom?"

"......Yes...right honey." And this time, I had to hide my tears from showing in the rearview mirror. I'm not ready for the real conversation. It will begin with how I lied to him, lol. I now agree when people say babies are easier!!! Super easy to please and generally their problems consist of poop, food or sleep, lol. 




I sure do love my boys :)


1 comment:

  1. I totally forgot you had this blog until I just randomly checked my favorites...I probably haven't look on here in like 2 years. I will be blog stalking tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete