Friday, January 30, 2015

My living room threw up boy clothes!!!


Then about 5 (painful) hours later, it looked like this...

The first picture was the "clean version." Mid-way through sorting, I began questioning my sanity, as my floor was covered in winter & summer stacks for 2T, 3T, 4T, 5T, 6, 8, pajamas etc. 

However, in spite of the sanity-loss, I'm so grateful God pushed me to literally put every.single.article.of.boy.clothing into the living room. This allowed me to see that I had, for example, 40 t-shirts in size 4 and to reduce it to 10. 

As Jack outgrew clothes, my mom had the genius idea of buying a new garbage can and placing it inside Jack's closet. When we found clothes that were getting small, we tossed them into the trash bag. The problem is that I never organized any of those clothes. At best, I would donate the wear & tear/stained items when I pulled them out for the next child to wear. 

We've been blessed (and continue to be!) over the years to have had so many boy clothes passed down to us. I've donated oodles & caboodles of garbage bags of clothing to goodwill over the years. I also gave a friend of ours 9 garbage bags of clothes, once Joshua started outgrowing newborn clothes. But it's nice to have finally organized 3 boys clothes and the hand-me-downs for Joshua. 

This is all of Jack's clothes for winter/summer, pajamas and jackets (size 6-7 & some size 8 shirts). 

This is all of Joshua's winter/summer, jackets & pajamas in size 3T.

This is all of Jared's size 5T winter/summer clothes. 

And this is the only storage bag that contains Joshua's winter/summer clothes, jackets & pajamas size 4T. 

Now....I need to figure out how to get some magical fairies to come process these 4+ bags of consignment clothes!!
 
Trussville United Methodist is quite particular (and understandably so) when it comes to the details of consignment tagging. You must print the tags on card stock paper. You can only write a description. 

Unfortunately, most of the shirts are small and will have to be pinned to the hanger (time-consuming & ouch!). All pants/shorts have to be pinned regardless of the size. 
Lastly, you have to ensure the clothing is facing the right way on the hanger (front view makes the hanger look like a question mark)...let me tell ya, it STINKS majorly bad to have to un-pin 15 pairs of shorts because you were pinning them on the wrong side! 

You sign-up for a drop-off appointment and then almost feel shunned when they refuse some clothingπŸ˜΅πŸ˜΅πŸ˜΅πŸ™ˆπŸ™‰πŸ™ŠπŸ˜΅πŸ˜΅πŸ˜΅πŸ™ˆπŸ™‰πŸ™ŠπŸ˜΅πŸ˜΅πŸ˜΅πŸ™ˆπŸ™‰πŸ™ŠπŸ˜΅πŸ˜΅πŸ˜΅Yes, that's right, I can spend hours on these clothes and in 3 minutes, they can hand me back an hours worth of (wasted) time. I'm complaining, BUT it is a very organized consignment sale and my complaints are the reasons why :) As long as you read all the instructions/tips, then you'll probably only receive a handful or so of clothes back. 

Regardless, I'm happy to have cleared out all these extra clothes!!! πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

Now...whose ready to go make the boys lunch for school tomorrow??? Yawn😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴

Ha...Jared just walked out of his bedroom and saw me with the lights on in the living room. Here's the conversation that took place in the 3 minutes it took, before I placed him back in his bed...
"Mom, I got out of bed, you know why? That's because I had to tee-tee REALLY BAD. You know why I came downstairs to tee-tee?"
"No. Why?"
"That's because I saw you sitting there. Mom, when I was in your belly as a little baby, did I sleep?"
"Yes."
"Mom, did you just love me sleeping in your belly?"
"Yes, of course I loved it when you were still and not playing soccer with my rib cage."
"Mom, what are you doing awake?"
"Just organizing some clothes."
"Mom, do you miss me not being in your belly?"
"Yes dear, I do."

~~~at this point, I'm laying him back down in his bed~~~

"Mom, do you know at my school, we need gloves?!!! You know why? That's because if we find glass on the playground, we have to pick it up and bring it to Ms. Fondren or Mrs. Plaisance. Okay, Mom, I've got to get my rest. You should go now. Goodnight, I love you." 

No comments:

Post a Comment