Friday, September 12, 2014

Something Extra To Show You that GOD LOVES YOU

The boys have been asking to go to Chick-fil-A for a while now and I promised them I would take them one morning before school. I mentioned it yesterday morning, but failed to plan ahead so we couldn't go. They were pretty bummed.

I set multiple alarms this morning to ensure we got up early & left with enough time to run through the drive-thru. I woke-up my lover.of.sleep at 6:45! He's been sleeping until 8 or 9 many mornings (and goes to bed between 6 & 7 every night).

We arrived at the Chick-fil-A in Irondale at 7:05 and I placed the biggest order I've ever placed at fast food (thx to realizing this morning that I didn't have anything to make their lunch with). I told the boys they could have (1) item for breakfast because they were getting a combo + fruit for lunch. We had (2) calendar cards and September's coupon was one free breakfast entree + a large drink. This brought the total to $25 ($35 without the calendar cards).

When I handed the lady my debit card, she said the guy in front of us had paid for our meal!!!! 
HOW SWEET! 


This was on the back of the card.


I felt a little bad because that guy probably didn't expect a $35 check at 7am, lol...AND he paid for the 2 cars behind me too! So I paid for the 3rd car behind me ($8). Needless to say, we were all pleasantly surprised and had a great conversation about God and the definition of  Pay It Forward on the way to school. 

Now I need to do 2 more things for strangers and give them a card from our church :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment