Wednesday, July 30, 2014

What happens when the boys ask if they can sleep together....

Mama & Dada get a 4:45 wake-up call!...
Followed up by a 4:46 wake-up call! 


Last night before bed:

Mama, can Jared sleep in my room FOREVER? Please Mama, just to be nice????

Because my memory is awful, let me state how very rare this "act of kindness" is. I was quite shocked and said sure.

Okay Jack, I will sleep in your room...as long as you don't have ANY IDEAS!!!

Haha. That was quite an unusual reply from Jared, as he usually will jump if Jack wants/needs him. 

I clarified this morning and found out that Jack wakes Jared up with "an idea!" So Jared (my mini-me-lover-of-sleep!!!) wanted clarification on whether or not they would actually be sleeping, lol. 

I was pretty clear in my ground rules that basically consisted of "if you see me, then you're going back to your own beds." Guess, I should have added "If I see you, then you're going back to your own beds." LOL. 

Seriously though, Jack said he had a bad dream and Jared...well Jared's just Jared...he's not going to stay in Jack's room if he hears him going down to Mama & Dada's room. 

It's okay though, because part of my rigidness, no let me clarify ---a teeny, tiny, itty, bitty part--- of my rigidness wishes sometimes that I could wake-up to a sweet boy snuggled up next time to me. But let's be honest, you can't have it both ways, without dealing with a bunch of extra crap! Lol. So I'll take the sick and scared days ( =no sleep for Mama) and enjoy the rest of my sleepFUL nights! :)

Regarding our whole food journey (yep, I've now dubbed it that!)...I was so glad to hear Chunk say "I don't know what's in that Kraft or velvetta processed boxes, but the homemade version is so much healthier" and asked me to buy it again. It was just as easy to make as the boxed versions, but ours didn't have processed chemical crap in it...instead it had real whole wheat organic noodles & various organic cheeses. I have never cared for Mac & cheese...until now! 

Lastly, I bought these reusable push pops and my mom put a yummy smoothie in it. When Jared asked for a 2nd "push pop" this morning, my first reaction was "No! I should not have let you have a Popsicle in the morning anyway!" Then I realized these were just frozen fresh smoothies...Heck yea! Have another!!!


The other awesome idea with these is you can place it in their lunchbox & it's ready by lunchtime! :)

Oh Joshua's awake now...
Enjoy my text to chunk last night regarding my first time purchase of wild caught salmon...

FYI...our food (and toiletries!) budget is $150 a week. Incorporating seafood is going to get tricky! 



No comments:

Post a Comment