Friday, December 6, 2013

Grossed out & proud @ the same time :)

A couple of days before Thanksgiving, Jack started going poo-poo a couple of times a day. When my dad took him down to The Land on the day of Thanksgiving, there were some emergency stops & accidents. Nothing hurt and he had no other symptoms.
Fast forward to yesterday...Josh has been fussy and has a cold is congested & wheezing etc. His doctor's appt was at 11:15. At 10:40, Jared's school called..."He has stringy, bloody poo-poo and is freaked out and said he has to see a doctor." 
<You're welcome Readers for the TMI :)>
So my mom brings him to the pediatricians office. Josh has (2) ear infections and Jared has a stomach virus. They don't prick his finger because Jack had it and is better and Mama (!) has it too. Jared's is by far the worst. Last night was the first night in days, that he has not come downstairs to go poo-poo (and  give Mama the privilege of wiping him) 3x a night! Both of us still went poo-poo about 5x today. Fun stuff @ The Sampayo Household (and probably soon to be Robinson's Household too lol). 
Anyway, Jared has (naturally) been really disturbed about blood in his poo-poo....which led me to tonight's Elf on the Shelf idea, lol. But first...
Poor Jack was feeling good all day and then complained about his belly hurting (he was in tears & tried to use the restroom). He ended up laying on the couch. After taking some peptobismal, he felt better. However, within 30 minutes, he had a fever! This boy does NOT snuggle unless he is sick. 
He crawled in my lap and asked to take a nap. He was so warm but he felt freezing. 
I moved him to our bed and he asked me to lay with him while he fell asleep (it was 6:30!). He woke-up about 9:30 and was of course wide awake. He started watching Jurassic Park with Dada in the living room, but we eventually moved him back to our bed. He had not eaten dinner  yet, so I asked him if he was hungry...
J: "Yes."
M: "What would you like?"
J: "I don't know."
M: "Ok, well I've got apples, oranges, bananas, cantaloupe, grapes, strawberries...
J:"....hmmm.....
M: "I can make you a PB&J sandwich, a grill cheese. Or you could eat crackers, veggie straws, or we also have green beans, mashed potatoes, black eyed peas. Oh and chicken too."
J: "Chicken?"
M: "Yea. Would you like some?"
J: " Well what about chicken-rice? You forgot to say chicken-rice."
M: "Oh...hmmm...let me think....(and I mentally ponder...I could boil some rice with a chicken boiuon cube, chop up some carrots and boil those on high...I don't have celery but he doesn't really care for that anyway). Yea Jack, we have chicken and rice soup. Would you like some?"
J (nonchalantly): "Nope. I just want cantaloupe."
M: "What? Why did you ask if I forgot to mention chicken & rice soup?"
J: "Oh. I was just curious."
LOL!!!
Ok back to the subject of being grossed out & proud at the same time :) The boys have been asking/hoping that Jingle Arnold and Chippy would go poo-poo again (typical boys!). Well, I thought since we all have the "poops," it would only make sense that they would catch the stomach virus too, right? AND one of them could even have bloody poo-poo so Jared isn't so concerned about his. Awesome mom of the years award goes to......the mom who makes Elf on the Shelf have bloody poo-poo!!!! As Jared would do/say: bow & say "Dhank you! Dhank you everybody! DHANK YOU!!!"

TA-DA!!!!!......




Yep, they made a big, nasty mess! And even put on their underwear! With all the accidents I've cleaned up, these boys are lucky the elves don't stain their underwear :)

I even got a little grossed out "making" the bloody poo, lol!



I can't wait to hear all about what their Elves did tomorrow. They laugh the whole time as they share the story of what they think the elves did last night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment