Monday, January 31, 2011

Need some prayers for my sweet Jared...

This past weekend, I noticed his neck collapsing. It happened 3 times. On Monday morning, my clever mother said I should try to record it to show the doc. Eventually, I concluded that he does this @ the beginning of watching tv. It's as if he gets so fixated on the movie/show, that he doesn't blink. but after 5 or so minutes, he gets a little distracted and is not in the "comatose" state and he doesn't do it anymore. I tell ya...what will bring the waterworks is leaving a message for the nurse (like normal) and having the pediatrician return your call. Anyway, this only happens in front of our tv's (which are in close range to where you sit). It didn't happen @ my mom' house today (which is, i'm horrible at estimating, by maybe 15/20 feet?). but it happened again tonight, when we put on toy story 2. it's like the first 5 minutes of putting on a movie he really likes, he just stares and drools. he hardly blinks. try staring and not blinking, your eyes literally begin to hurt...so i wonder if that's why he does this (see video). it hasn't happened if he's not watching tv. he doesn't fall asleep or close his eyes and is his complete rambunctious, "no-telling" self! anyway, the pedi wants to rule out seizures and has scheduled an EEG @ St. Vincent's Wednesday @ 12:45. this is a non-invasive test that simply monitors their brain activity. the doc said to bring a portable dvd player and toy story 2 to try to induce the reaction. also, the doc thinks it could just be a harmless tick that some kids develop and grow out of, but again, he just wants to rule out seizures. so please keep my little man in your prayers. :)


and because he is just so darn cute to look @...







the first thing out of this boys mouth in the morning is "brush. brush. brush. brush. brush." and if you don't acknowledge and proceed to the bathroom quickly, it will turn into "BRUSH! BRUSH! BRUSH! BRRRRUUUUSSSSHHHH!" there's no excitement in the statement demand, but just a matter-of-fact because.it's.going.to.happen.period. I'm not complaining, but goodness he loves to brush his teeth suck on toothpaste/water.



at the park today...another favorite word "outside. outside. outside. outside. outside." they are broken records @ this age. 
 gotta follow big brother!

6 comments:

  1. He sure is a cutie :-)

    I had no idea what you meant about "neck collapsing" before I watched the video... my goodness, that would scare me too! Hopefully it's nothing, I'm sure you'll feel better after he gets it checked out! I'll keep him in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, bless his heart. I hope it's nothing and I will sure pray for that sweet little guy!! Kids sometimes have just "weird" things they do and it turns out to be nothing. The amount of times I've taken my kids to the ER or specialist for strange things...
    Please keep us updated.
    Praying, Kelley

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm praying! Keep us updated!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well good gracious Jenn. I'm gone for four days and this is what I return to? You need to call a girl next time there is something wrong with that sweet baby. I'm glad everything is ok! No more close TV watching...

    Oh, and by the way, he gets his compulsive teeth brushing from his mama! :)

    Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. how did I miss the 2nd part of this post?! can you please have Jared call my boys in the morning to remind them to brush? they aren't quite so eager!

    ReplyDelete