Does he know how much I love him?
Does he know how much I appreciate the hard work he put forth in school and college (all 6+ years of it, lol!) to be the hard-earned Engineering Supervisor he is today?
Does he know the talent he has in making people laugh and smile during tough times? (ok and his desperate attempt during uncomfortable, awkward times…GREAT example is @ the end of this post)?
Does he know in 10th grade after my French class, that instead of turning right to go to lunch, I turned left to walk down the hall JUST to pass him in the hallway to see his smile. When he asked me why (we had lunch together…although he was too cool - I guess - to sit with me), I said it was because I had to “get something out of my locker.”
Does he know that a few years ago my mom sent me a sweet note and one comment she made was “I thank God that you married the man of my dreams for you. I couldn’t imagine two people more perfect for each other and I can’t wait until ya’ll have kids and I get to meet my grandkids.”
Does he know that one of my favorite traits of our relationship is picking/joking/playing with each other as that always brings laughter and joy to our life?
Does he know that my heart melts when every.single.time Jack (and NOW Jared!) runs to him and bites his toe, that Jack without a doubt knows his dada is going to “git-chu?” (i.e. get out of his chair and run after Jack until he “gets him”).
Does he know that my heart melts when he plays "ride 'em cowboy" with his sons (where he literally puts one on his back and runs from the front of our house to the back of our house, screaming "RIDE 'EM COWBOY!" and both boys giggle until there's no tomorrow. They actually beg to "ride' um' caboy") ?
Does he know that my heart melts when he talks about how he can’t wait until he can coach little league? And that I laugh thinking about the day he found out it was a VOLUNTEER job and he would not have to “sell” himself to all the parents as to why he would be the best little league coach?
Does he know how much it makes my heart melt to watch him get gitty the day or so before his parents visit?
Does he know that I love him with all of my heart and soul and I could not have found a better man for myself and my kids?
Does he know how handsome he is? (silly question, i know. this is from the man who saw one of his baby pics and showed one to my dad and asked him "have you ever seen a more handsome little boy?"...don't forget, he has TWO little boys of his own!).
From 1998, @ the age of 15 and 16...i "loved" him :)

To 2010, I still LOVE him and look forward to spending the rest of my life with him.
Now to the story of his akward/funniess crap!
40 Days For Life is a GREAT pro-life campaign activtely fighting for unborn babies life every Spring and Fall in locations all over the world! The next one is starting March 9th! Click on the link for more info. Ok back to the story...so @ the last Fall campaign, Chunk and the boys came with me to the pray outside of the abortion center, Planned Parenthood, in downtown Birmingham. Volunteers signup each hour for either 12 or 24 hours a day. So you relieve the prior volunteer when arriving for your hour. Sooooooo...I knew the prior volunteer and introduced Chunk and started to introduce the boys....but Chunk (remember akward situation comment) decided to introduce our boys...and i guess in not knowing exactly what conversation to initiate, he said "this is jack, he's 1 1/2 and this is jared - one we chose NOT to abort - and he is 1 mth old." Uh-huh, that's right; that's how he introduced jared! AND he smiled about it, acting as if it was a joke!
I love you booger!!!!!
I love you booger!!!!!



























sweet. and everyone was wrong about Jack, he DOES look like his 'dada'
ReplyDeleteOk, so without having any idea what this post was about, I thought that the first few photos were Lee for the sole reason that it looks like Jack circa 1980. A few photos in, and after the "engineer" comment I realized it was Chunk. Go and tell him right now that we were all wrong about Jack looking like Lee. He looks just like Chunk! Wow.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I too am so happy with the person he has become. Allen and I have talked about how of all our couple friends, you and Chunk stand out as really made for each other. I'm so glad that he is still part of your life and that he is such a good hubby and daddy!