I might have said the exact opposite as a child. I'll mention the stories that I often share about your sweet self below. But first, Happy Birthday Ervin! I love and miss you so much! You have been blessed with a beautiful, loving, considerate, caring wife, in-laws and soon-to-be baby boy, whom I can't wait to meet! Thank you for always being there for me and for our often late night conversations. We would sit outside and smoke too many cigarette's (I quit 3 yrs ago and he's quit now too!), but I sure did enjoy our conversations. Erv is a fix-it guy and he LOVES to be around people. Erv could not spend another second by himself and be JUST FINE. I need, if not daily, then at least weekly me-time! I remember when Lee and I lived together, I would start doing chores and he always wound up joining me, even if it was a "one-man project". Or he would ask me to help him w/ his one-man project. He's always up for anything and will do anything for anyone. I admire that about him. I wish I had that trait. It's a great one to have. Lee can make a friend anywhere. Like I said he LOVES people. This is why he is doing so good in sales. He's not the "typical" salesman whom you just want to roll your eyes at. When he speaks, you believe him. This is because he's not going to sell you on something he doesn't whole-heartedly believe in. He has received such positive feedback from his customers. He is just doing SO GOOD at his job and I couldn't be more proud of him! Now the few reasons he wouldn't receive the "best brother in the whole wide world" from our adolescent years...he used to walk by and fart ON my food. One day, my mom and I went to pick him up from soccer practice. I went to get him and the on the way back up to our car, he shoved my face in his armpit THE ENTIRE WALK BACK TO THE CAR. YUCK! He told me about Santa Clause (mean!). I used to get strep throat (4-, the worst case) a couple of times a year. It would have been intelligent for me to get my tonsils out. However, he told me they would cut your throat and pull out your tonsils, all w/ no pain meds! I don't know how I persuaded my parents not to get my tonsils out, but for whatever reason it never happened and I blame Ervin for freakin' me out! He (temporarily) charged me .25 cents to drop me off at middle school (which he literally drove by to get to the high school)! I'm sure I could type all night long for all the other things he did to me, but I'll spare you all! Here's some old pics of Erv. I love you (despite the fact that you've pulled for the wrong team your entire life! And hey go gamecocks! haha) and hope you have a wonderful birthday!
here's my favorite!
They must have paid me or maybe it was my punishment to put on that BAMA shirt!
No comments:
Post a Comment