Oh to be a "fly on the wall" inside a kids mind would be an empathetic, sad, joyful and downright flippin' hilarious @ times...
As I was changing Jack's diaper this morning, he shouted "THAT LIGHTENING!"
I explained "Actually, the sound you hear is called thundering. When you see a flashing light bolt in the sky, that's called lightening."
Jack's eyes are intensely focused on my mouth, his brows are forward, sucking that thumb...giving that intrigued-in-learning expression. Either my words are seeping in or his own imagination is at large...
I continue, "Usually when you see lightening, then you will hear thund..."
Jack has an epiphany and interrupts with...
"Lightening McQueen! That BIG LIGHTENING MCQUEEN UP THERE!!! LIGHTING MCQUEEN IN THE SKY!!!"
Thank you God for allowing me to be the mother of my precious Jackson and Jared and for blessing me with the opportunity to see life through my child's eyes. Among many things, for this, I am forever grateful.
P.S. A little update on Jack's post-book bedtime talking over the monitor...last night we heard
"I'm bad. I'm bad. I'm bad. I'm bad. I'm bad. I'm bad."
Thanks Mr. Jackson...I have never enjoyed this song as much as I do now, especially when both boys walk around singing "I'm bad!"
And a few favorites of my oldest "bad" boy...














hilarious! it DOES sound like Lightening McQueen driving around up in the sky. and thank you for the mention of the Michael Jackson song....the boys now have a theme song. mine and yours both.
ReplyDelete