Friday, September 24, 2010

Part Ashamed/Part PROUD!

A week before college football season started, Chunk, the boys and I visited my neighbor. His friend was wearing an Alabama hat. He shared a story about his 6 year old daughter coming home from a birthday party saying, “Daddy! They tried to make me eat an Auburn birthday cake, but I wouldn’t do it!” We were laughing about that and I told him I would try to convince her to become an Auburn fan. He then proceeded to get Jack to say “Roll Tide.” Jack said it and I cringed! I immediately knew I HAD to do something. I mean, hello, 99% of my family are Bama fans. I had some thoughts…sticker reward chart, jack calls his diaper nasty, roll-tide-bad = ROLL-TIDE-NASTY!!!!!!!!! So I printed off a picture like the one below (except no lines were on it…I just couldn’t allow myself to have bama paraphernalia on my blog, without making it CRYSTAL CLEAR that I’m NOT a bama fan!!!!).

I showed Jack the picture and said “NASTY! EWWW! YUCKEE!” After a few sticker rewards, destroying the paper, and constant reinforcement of “ROLL TIDE NASTY!” I had achieved my goal! No bama fans could pull "my tiger" off the RIGHT path! The next weekend, my dad picked up Jack, and Jack pointed to the “A” on his shirt and said “NASTEEEEE!” My mom took the boys to Chick-fil-A one day last week and Jack pointed to someone and said “Nasteee!” He didn’t hear him, but my mom did. (Note: This is where the part-ashamed comes into play because he almost did that to an old man at the park, and I thought to myself, that poor man would think that Jack is calling HIM nasty instead of the “A” he was wearing. BUT, there’s no going back…I’ll just have to A.) explain what Jack means and B.) shake my head and say that his father taught him that – HA!) While driving, Jack now points out all the “Nasteeeeee’s” on the back of people’s cars!

Mission Accomplished??? I think so! Jack has received an A+ in my “Nasty Bama!” class. FYI…He received an A+++++ in our “Love Auburn Tigers!” class that started over a year ago.






1 comment:

  1. HOW FUNNY! People around here think we're crazy because our kids say "War Eagle" and UT is about 30 minutes away. But do I care??? Ummm, nooo. We gotta stick to our team, hu!
    Thanks for sharing that story...hilarious!
    Kelley

    ReplyDelete