Friday, May 6, 2011

Moment Ten & Eleven

{this moment}



*** *** ***


{this moment} – A Friday ritual. A single Two photos – no with words – capturing a moment from the week. A simple, special, extraordinary moment. A moment I want to pause, savor and remember. (inspired by http://www.soulemama.com/)




I have about 5 more of Jack running around holding this fish. Anytime he sees my phone, he asks "see jack hold fish please!"
[Actually, Jack says...
SEE JACK HOLD FISH!!!
Me: See jack hold fish, please?
Jack: See Jack hold fish, pleeeease :):)]

From my dad's email...
I would beg him to put it back in basket and let it breathe. 1 minute later "Hold fish, Hold fish" when he finally wanted to let it go, I was relieved.

Lastly, so I don't forget how fun conversations are with a 2 yr & 361 days old  little boy are...

(Jack) " More. I want more. I want more of that, in your mouth. I gon eat that in your mouth please."

(Me) "This? (Holding up a ziploc bag of cheeze-its) you want some cheese-its?"

(Jack) "Yea. I want eat that. I want cheese-its."

(I hand him the bag)

(Jack) "Bank you, mama. Uh-oh, UH-OH. Need help! (Then I hear the ziploc bag open up). I got it. NO MORE HELP!"


 



















In this boy's 19 mths of life, he has rarely fallen asleep anywhere other than his crib or in the car. I found him like this around naptime, the day after his poor little toe accident. The night before, Jack was getting an apple out of the refrigerator. Jared must have walked up and grabbed the GIANT, Sam's size, FULL, pickle jar and then dropped it on his big toe. After I heard an unfamiliar ear piercing scream, I ran into the kitchen and saw him grabbing @ his foot w/ blood and the pickle jar on the floor. I picked up the jar expecting it to be broken, but only saw one small piece of glass - or so I thought - It was his toenail! It completely popped it off. After about 10 minutes of crying and bandaging him up, he was fast asleep in his bed. He was fine the next morning until he saw it and remembered he had a boo-boo. He has been just fine and the nurse said it will take a few months to grow back. He lives in his shoes (literally) and is fine until we bathe and rebandage it. I've officially dubbed him my "ER child," as I know he will make me get to know some of the ER workers over the new few years. Earlier that day, he opted to save his veggie straws versus letting go and protecting his head when he fell head first into the cement stairs.

Oh my little boys have two completely different personalities and I am so thankful for each one. I am blessed beyond belief to be their Mommy! :)

3 comments:

  1. I like them better with words.....2 sweet boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, what sweet little guys!

    Happy Mother's Day to you today, you're a great Mother!

    Love, Kelley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that just makes my stomach hurt to think of his poor toenail. And you know what my first thought was when I saw that picture of Jack and the fish? I thought how happy your dad must be now that he can finally take one of his grandbabies fishing. He waited so long! :)

    ReplyDelete